300 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup water
300 g white cooking chocolate, chopped
1 ½ cups caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
⅔ cup self-raising flour
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup frozen raspberries
½ cup frozen blueberries
fresh raspberries, to decorate
white chocolate curls, to decorate
300 ml tub thickened cream
2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
250 g tub mascarpone
- Grease a 24cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edge
- Combine butter and water in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Stir until melted. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir until combined. Add combined sifted flours. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Fold in frozen berries. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C) for about 2 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (Cover loosely with foil during cooking, if top starts to over-brown.) Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Turn out cake onto a cake stand. Spread mascarpone cream over top and side of cake. Decorate with fresh raspberries and white chocolate curls.