1 kg whole cauliflower
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 peeled garlic clove, halved
1 tsp sea salt flakes
¼ cup grated Parmesan
1 Tbsp chopped parsley, to serve
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp caster sugar
salt and cracked pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut stalk, and most of coarse outer leaves, from cauliflower. Cut shallow cross in base of stalk with tip of knife.
- Crush coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle. Add oil and stir to combine. Place cauliflower in a small roasting dish. Drizzle and rub oil mixture all over cauliflower.
- Add water to roasting dish. Cover dish completely with foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and roast for a further 25 minutes or until browned and stalk is tender when pierced with a small knife.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top of the cauliflower and return to oven for 10 minutes or until melted.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and transfer to serving dish. Pour dressing over and sprinkle with parsley to serve.